Matcha granola (vegan, gf, oil free, low sugar)
1 cup gluten free rolled oats
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tbsp matcha powder (culinary grade)
1/4 cup date paste
1/4 cup almond butter (+ tsp water)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Get all ingredients ready to go on your counter.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, add almond butter (with tsp water) and date paste. Whisk until combined. Once combined, add matcha powder and once again whisk until it has fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
3. Place oats in a mixing bowl. Add matcha mixture to oats and mix well together. A rubber spatula works great for this. Once the oats and matcha have combined, add sesame seeds and chopped nuts.
4. Spread out the granola evenly onto a baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper. Pop into the oven and set timer for 30 minutes. About halfway through, give the granola a quick toss.
5. While granola is baking in the oven, chop up any dried fruit you would like to add. This is completely optional!
6. Once granola has finished baking, add in dried fruit, toss well, let cool, and store in an air-tight container.