Matcha Banana Bread w Choc Chips (V, GF)
I have fond memories of walking through the streets of Japan, perusing café after café highlighting desserts loaded with matcha. It's such a treasure of an ingredient, absolutely delicious, and has some great health benefits.
This banana bread is delightfully crispy on the outside, ooey gooey on the inside. No need for any added sugar as the bananas are plenty sweet, and feel free to adjust the amount of chocolate chips to your liking. *Hint* the more the better 🤗.
An easy one-bowl recipe. Enjoy!
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1 cup oat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 tbsp matcha powder (sourced from Japan)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup applesauce (this takes the place of oil)
Handful choc chips (dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a bread loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Mash bananas in large bowl until smooth. Stir in almond milk, applesauce and continue to mash.
3. Add flour, baking powder, tapioca, matcha, salt and stir until everything is fully incorporated with very little to no clumps.
4. Stir in chocolate chips; reserve a few for topping.
5. Pour mixture into loaf tin and smooth out the top. Sprinkle a final few chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes and the hardest part, let cool for 10 minutes.